Date of Posting: Tuesday August 04, 2009
Posting Expires: Monday August 17, 2009
Job Location: SACC @ Faith Church
Normal Work Week: Monday- Friday
Normal Hours per Week: 17.5 Hours per Week
Base Salary: $ 10.06 per Hour
__X__Bargaining Unit Position ___Non-bargaining Unit Position
Internal Applicants: Please contact Marieme Sow, Hiring Specialist at 947 Main Street, Springfield, MA 01103 or by phone at (413) 858-3117
Square One is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All internal applicants must apply
by contacting the Human Resource Dept. within (10) ten working days of the date of the actual posting.
If you are applying for a position internally, you must make sure you inform your immediate Supervisor or Director of your intent. Failure to comply with this process may result in the loss of internal candidate status.
Title: School-Age Child Care (SACC) Group Leader
1. Be at least 18 years of age, have an Associates Degree with six months half-time experience, or a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years half-time experiences working with children.
2. Have the personal qualities to work with school-age children under supervision, and the ability to relate well to parents, staff and the community in children the children live; bi-lingual where appropriate.
3. Must successfully complete a CORI application and meet required health standards, physical exam, proof of negative Mantoux test and proof of MMR’s.
4. Maintain OCCS requirements of current physical exams, First Aid, CPR and completion of required training annually.
1. Cooperates with Coordinator in planning, implementing and evaluating program activities.
2. Assumes full responsibility for the group and the program in the absence of the Site Coordinator.
3. Keeps the designated spaces, equipment and supplies clean and in order.
4. Plans and arranges all necessary materials for daily activities.
5. Provides care and protection for all children in the Center.
6. Accesses community and program resources to help develop the SACC program.
7. Maintains program records as required.
8. Attends staff and parent meetings, as required.
9. Communicates with the Site Coordinator, or other designated persons, pertinent information with regard to families and children.
10. Maintains a sound, positive working relationship with parents, staff and other adults within the Center.
11. Reports any problems or concerns immediately to Center/Program Director and/or other designated person in charge.
Accountability: To the Site Coordiantor