††††††††††††††††††††††† Job Posting #:††††††††††† ††††††††† †0132
Date of Posting: Monday August 1, 2011
Posting Expires: Friday August 12, 2011
Job Location: Healthy Families
Job Title: Social Worker I
Normal Work Week: 40 hrs per week; Monday-Friday
Base Salary: † TBD
†≠≠ †††††††††Bargaining Unit Positions ††††††††XXX †Non-bargaining Unit Position
Please see attached job description.
Internal Applicants: If you are applying for a position internally, you must make sure you inform your immediate Supervisor or Director of your intent. Failure to comply with this process may result in the loss of internal candidate status. Please contact Mary-Jane Carter by phone at (413) 732-5183; or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org All internal applicants must apply by contacting the Human Resource Dept. within (10) ten working days of the date of the actual posting.
External Applicants:† Please apply in person or by mailing in your resume and cover letter to Square Oneís temporary site at MCDI 140 Wilbraham Avenue, Springfield, MA †01109.† You may e-mail your resume or cover letter to email@example.com
Square One is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Employer.
1. Bachelorís Degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field plus 3 years experience in working with families with young children in a community based agency.†† Substitution for Bachelorís Degree may include enrollment in an Institution of Higher Education in a degreed program or 5 years experience working with families with young children.† ††
2. Ability to multitask, strong attention to detail and organization; ability to prioritize and complete tasks prior to deadlines.†
3. Ability to work cooperatively and as a member of a team. †Must conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
4. Demonstrated ability to understand† and respond to the needs of families from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.†
5. Desire to continually learn and improve skills through training and use of reflective supervision.
6. Requires reliable transportation to travel to participantsí homes and training programs throughout the area.†
7. Basic computer proficiency required. †
8. Bilingual skills in both English & Spanish are strongly preferred. †
9. Flexible hours are necessary.†
The Healthy Families Home Visitor I will perform a variety of tasks that may include, but which are not limited to:
1. Engage first time mothers and fathers under the age of 21 in home visiting services using a strength-based approach and according to Healthy Families America and Healthy Families Massachusetts requirements.
2. Work collaboratively with program participants to set family goals.
3. Connect families to needed community resources.
4. Assist with planning, preparation and providing parent groups.
5. Complete all record-keeping as required by Square One and by Healthy Families Massachusetts.
6. Maintain the strictest confidentiality of documents, discussions, resources and information when working with families.††
7. Actively participate in required trainings and meetings as determined by Square One and by Healthy Families Massachusetts.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time during working hours and on special occasions. †
2. Ability to effectively utilize computer software programs with proven ability to have manual dexterity to maintain specific databases and reports.†
3. Excellent auditory, verbal and sensory skills and abilities.††††
4. Ability to travel to and from homes in the Healthy Families catchment area by conventional means including motor vehicle and the like in addition to required training sessions as identified by Square One and Healthy Families Mass.
1. High attention to detail involving normal mental and visual attention.
1. Professional business office setting.††
To the Healthy Families Supervisor
Signature†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† Date