Job Posting #: 0179
Date of Posting: Tuesday April 3, 2012
Posting Expires: Tuesday April 17, 2012
Job Location: King Street
Job Title: Teacher, Preschool
Normal Work Week: 20 hrs per week; Monday-Friday
Base Salary: $10.06
XXX Bargaining Unit Positions Non-bargaining Unit Position
Please see attached job description.
Internal Applicants: If you are applying for a position internally, you must make sure you inform your immediate Supervisor or Director of your intent. Failure to comply with this process may result in the loss of internal candidate status. Please contact Mary-Jane Carter by phone at (413) 732-5183; or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org All internal applicants must apply by contacting the Human Resource Dept. within (10) ten working days of the date of the actual posting.
External Applicants: Please apply in person or by mailing in your resume and cover letter to Square One, Scibelli Enterprise Center, 1 Federal Street, Building 101, Springfield, MA 01105. You may e-mail your resume or cover letter to email@example.com
Square One is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Employer.
TITLE: TEACHER - Preschool / Supportive Services / Infant-Toddler
1. Have the personal qualities to work with children under supervision and the ability to relate to parents, staff and the community in which the children live, bi-lingual skills where appropriate; and
2. Be 21 years of age; and
3. Meet the Department of Early Education and Care requirements for pre-school and/or infant-toddler teacher; or
4. Have an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Plans and arranges all necessary materials for daily lesson plans in conjunction with the Lead Teacher.
2. Assumes full responsibility for the class and program in the absence of the Lead Teacher.
3. Cooperates with Lead Teacher in keeping the classroom, all equipment and supplies in good order.
4. Attends and participates in regular conferences with Lead Teacher and other designated staff to plan and evaluate the program.
5. Provides care and protection of all children in the Center.
6. Supervises lunch and nap time in cooperation with Lead Teacher.
7. Uses community and program resources to help supplement the classroom program.
8. Maintains classroom records as required.
9. Attends all Center staff and parent meetings, as scheduled.
10. Participates in parent conferences, as scheduled.
11. Communicates with the Lead Teacher and/or Director or other designated individuals pertinent information with regard to families and children.
12. Maintains a sound, positive, working relationship with parents, staff and other adults in the Center.
13. Carries out other duties as designated by Center Director or Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) regulations.
1. Assists in development and implementation of behavior management program to the needs of children in care.
2. Responsible for van monitor duties, as required.
3. Presents testimony at court proceedings.
To the Lead Teacher