Job Posting #: 0185
Date of Posting: Tuesday April 24, 2012
Posting Expires: Monday May 7, 2012
Job Location: School Age Program at Lynch
Job Title: Group Leader
Normal Work Week: 20 hrs per week; Monday-Friday
Base Salary: $10.06
XXX Bargaining Unit Positions Non-bargaining Unit Position
Please see attached job description.
Internal Applicants: If you are applying for a position internally, you must make sure you inform your immediate Supervisor or Director of your intent. Failure to comply with this process may result in the loss of internal candidate status. Please contact Mary-Jane Carter by phone at (413) 732-5183; or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org All internal applicants must apply by contacting the Human Resource Dept. within (10) ten working days of the date of the actual posting.
External Applicants: Please apply in person or by mailing in your resume and cover letter to Square One, Scibelli Enterprise Center, 1 Federal Street, Building 101, Springfield, MA 01105. You may e-mail your resume or cover letter to email@example.com
Square One is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Employer.
SPRINGFIELD DAY NURSERY
Title: School-Age Child Care (SACC) Group Leader
1. Be at least 18 years of age, have an Associates Degree with six months half-time experience, or a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one years half-time experiences working with school age children with at least three months of supervised experience.
2. Have the personal qualities to work with school-age children under supervision, and the ability to relate well to parents, staff and the community in which the children live; bi-lingual where appropriate.
3. Must successfully complete a CORI application and meet required health standards, physical exam, proof of negative Mantoux test and proof of 2 MMR’s.
4. Maintain OCCS requirements of current physical exams, First Aid, CPR and completion of required training annually.
1. Cooperates with Coordinator in planning, implementing and evaluating program activities.
2. Assumes full responsibility for the group and the program in the absence of the Coordinator.
3. Keeps the designated spaces, equipment and supplies clean and in order.
4. Plans and arranges all necessary materials for daily activities.
5. Provides care and protection for all children in the Center.
6. Accesses community and program resources to help develop the SACC program.
7. Maintains program records as required.
8. Attends staff and parent meetings, as required.
9. Communicates with the Site Coordinator, or other designated persons, pertinent information with regard to families and children.
10. Maintains a sound, positive working relationship with parents, staff and other adults within the Center.
11. Reports any problems or concerns immediately to Center/Program Director and/or other designated person in charge.
To the Site Coordinator